When nourished every day, cows will maintain weight or improve it.
Cows can be milked every three days and slaughtered at any time for their meat.
Cow Facts and Costs SheetEdit
1) Breeding: Some counties do not breed cows. Check with your Town Hall to see if your county has cows.
2) Costs: Cow ranching can be costly. I do not suggest it as a first or even second field.
a. Here are items you'll need. (These are worst-case costs because buckets don't break with every single use and knives break 1/3 uses):
Cows ________ 4 X 45
Buckets ______ 4 X 40-46 pounds
Knives _______ 4 X 15-16 pounds
Milkers_______ 4 X 19-25 pounds (Milkers should have 20+ intelligence)
Slaughterers__ 4 X 16-19
Suggested Investment Capital = 540 pounds.
c. Make sure you get milkings or slaughters when you should or you could lose capital or an animal.
d. Consider investing in your buckets and knives before purchasing your animals.
a. Milk will sell cheaper in fishing towns (both milk and fish give intelligence).
b. HW(hundredweight) prices should coordinate with HHW(half-hundredweight) prices. An HW is about double an HHW.
Proposed Cow Cycle OneEdit
1.day => Purchase of 4 cows for 180-200 pounds
4.day => hire a worker to milk your cows for 19-25 pounds
5.day => (+8 bottles of milk)
7.day => hire a worker to milk your cows for 19-25 pounds
8.day => (+8 bottles of milk)
10.day => hire a worker to milk your cows for 19-25 pounds
11.day => (+8 bottles of milk)
13.day => hire a worker to milk your cows for 19-25 pounds
14.day => hire a worker to slaughter a cow for 16-18 pounds (+8 bottles of milk)
15.day => hire a worker to slaughter a cow for 16-18 pounds (+3 hw)
16.day => hire a worker to slaughter a cow for 16-18 pounds (+3 hw)
17.day => hire a worker to slaughter a cow for 16-18 pounds (+3 hw)
18.day => Purchase of 4 cows (+3 hw)
You get about:
=> 8*4=32 bottles of milk
=> 3*4=12 hw (Your HW will vary greatly. Some cows will be skinny when slaughtered. Most will never get as fat as normal.)
Proposed Cow Cycle TwoEdit
(Created by Grace Garland de Grey)
0 Buy two cows & feed all
1 Buy one cow & feed all
2 Buy one cow & feed all
3 Milk & feed all
4 Feed All
5 Feed All
6 Milk & feed all
7 Feed All
8 Feed All
9 Milk & feed all
10 Kill cow 1 (or fattest cow) & feed all
11 Kill cow 2 (or fattest cow) & feed all
12 Milk & feed all
13 Kill fattest cow - Buy two cows & feed all
14 Kill fattest cow - Buy cow & feed all
15 Milk - Buy cow & feed all
Proposed Cow Cycle ThreeEdit
(Created by Roy_Garlock):
HW Yields Based on Size: Edit
- Dying (0)
- Bony (1)
- Skinny (2)
- Normal (3)
- Fleshy (4)
- Plump (5)
- Fat (6)
- Obese (7)
- American Style (8 or more)
- You can milk your cows every 3 days if you hire for 19 intelligence, or every 4 days without a stats worker.. (This means you might want to set your wages higher than normal town wages to make sure that you get a high stat worker.)
- Wages differ from town to town.
- Zero intelligence is required for slaughtering. So, select the cow you want to slaughter, choose the intelligence of "0", choose your hiring wage and click the "hire" button.
- Mood differs from player to player. While it may be cheaper to higher someone with 0 stats it is better to always higher 19 stats. It may save you that knife or even that bucket.